• This is a FREE service
  • No profanity or personal insults will be tolerated on any of these forums
  • Thank you Jesus!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overcoming Feariiii
DAY 25 VICTORIOUS LIVING

' We should go up and take possession…for we can certainly do it’ Numbers 13:30 NIV

THE TWELVE SPIES
Joshua sent into the Promised Land all saw the same thing.

But ten came back saying, ‘The people who live there are powerful, and the cities are … very large … We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes’ (Numbers 13:28, 33).

They caused such panic that the people wanted to stone Moses, pick a new leader and go back into Egyptian slavery. Incredible! But not Caleb! He had ‘a different spirit’ (Numbers 14:24). Listen: ‘We should go up and take possession … for we can certainly do it’ (Numbers 13:30). Years later, when Joshua was dividing the Promised Land amongst the tribes, Caleb stepped forward and said, ‘Here I am today, 85 years old! … just as vigorous … as I was then.

Now give me this hill country that the Prayer Point Lord promised me … Then Joshua blessed Caleb … and gave him Hebron as his inheritance’ (Joshua 14:10–13).

Caleb lived the winning life because: a) he recalled the promises of God and acted on them; b) he dared to take an unpopular stand; c) he refused to quit when the pressure was on; d) he saw possibilities where others saw only problems; and e) he kept his mind young even when his body was old.

Does that describe you? Listen: ‘The eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him’ (2 Chronicles 16:9 NKJ).

As you face continued challenges God wants to show you what He can do in you, for you, with you and through you! Will you let Him?

PRAYER POINT :

Father, when I’m faced with unpopular decisions in life, give me the confidence to stay close to the convictions of my heart.

Even if things around me are shouting out for me to compromise my stand, I pray that I will have the faith and boldness to keep my eyes focussed on You. No matter what the storms look like, I choose to believe in You.

DAY 26 Water-walkers
‘Master, if it’s really you, call me to come to you’.
Matthew 14:28 TM

THE DISCIPLES
were alone in their boat when the storm hit. About three o’clock in the morning they were terrified by a figure approaching them on the water. ‘Jesus spoke, “… it is I; do not be afraid.” Peter answered, “Master, if it’s really you, call me to come to you’’ (Matthew 14:28 TM).

Let’s examine this story: 1) Water-walking isn’t just about risk; it’s about discernment. There’s a funny story about a man standing at the pearly gates. Saint Peter says, ‘Name one great deed you’ve done.’ The man replies, ‘Well, a gang of bikers were threatening a woman so I smacked them, kicked over their bikes and ripped out their nose rings.’ Impressed, Peter asks, ‘When did this happen?’ The man answers, ‘About 30 seconds ago!’ Learn to discern between God’s voice and your own impulses.

God’s not looking for bungee-jumping, hang-gliding, tornado-chasers! He’s looking for wisdom and spiritual maturity. 2) Water-walkers have to leave the boat. Change places with Peter.

The storm’s raging and you’re afraid. The boat’s secure and comfortable; who wouldn’t want to stay there? But you can’t! God designed you to do more than simply avoid failure; He designed you for faith-filled adventures with Him! 3) What’s your boat? Where do you put your faith when life gets stormy? A job? A relationship?

Remember, your boat is anything that stops you from stepping out in faith to walk with Jesus. Leaving it is the scariest, most rewarding step you’ll ever take!

DAY 27 Relax – trust God

"Cast your cares on the LORD and He will sustain you’ Psalm 55:22 NIV

YOU EITHER
carry the burden or let God carry it – the choice is yours! How does God sustain us? One day at a time! Remember the Israelites in the wilderness? Each day God fed them by sending manna from heaven.

But like us some of them wanted to make sure they’d have enough for tomorrow (just in case God forgot).

But God would allow them to collect only enough for each day. If they collected more, it rotted. Think: worrying over the future is like trying to store up manna for tomorrow and before you know it you feel rotten (no pun intended).

Your Heavenly Father wants you to give tomorrow to Him because it’s too big for you. Are you being tormented by the ‘What Ifs’? What if the money doesn’t come? What if I get hurt, seriously ill or lose my job? What if I’m lonely all my life? What if I’m not really hearing from God and make a mistake?

The King James Bible calls these ‘imaginations’ (2 Corinthians 10:5 KJV). You’re imagining the worst Paul says, ‘cast them down’ [paraphrased], for if you don’t, you’ll live in dread concerning things that haven’t happened, and probably never will, unless you create them through fear (Job 3:25).

What if you reason and reason and figure it all out, then God surprises you and does something different?

All that time would be wasted! Haven’t you wasted enough time worrying? Here’s an idea: what if you just relax and let God be God!

Prayer Points:

Lord, help me find a way to stop gravitating back to thoughts of failure, even when there’s no proof that things will fail. Every time You have come through for me, is proof that you can do it again.

Help me be confident but not arrogant in my faith, to stand and believe You are there. You will supply the need, You will solve the problem, in Jesus’ Name.

DAY 28 YOU NEED BOLDNESS?

The righteous are as bold as a lion’ Proverb 28:1 NIV

ROSA PARKS
, a committed Christian and the mother of the American Civil Rights movement, was arrested in 1955 for refusing to give up her seat on the bus to a white man.

Boycotts and bloodshed followed until the Supreme Court finally ruled racial segregation unconstitutional. In Quiet Strength, Rosa writes: ‘Knowing what must be done does away with fear.

When I sat down on the bus that day, I’d no idea history was being made; I was only thinking of getting home. But I had made up my mind.

After many years of being a victim of the mistreatment my people suffered, not giving up my seat – and whatever I had to face afterwards – wasn’t important. I didn’t feel any fear … I felt the Lord would give me the strength to endure whatever I had to face.

It was time for someone to stand up – or in my case, sit down.’ John Knox’s epitaph reads, ‘Here lies a man who never feared the face of clay.’

At Westminster Abbey in London, a memorial to Lord Lawrence says, ‘He feared man so little, because he feared God so much.’ How would you like to be remembered like that? God’s Word says, ‘… the righteous are bold as a lion.’ Even when you don’t feel very brave, always remember, courage isn’t the absence of fear – it’s the mastery of it! David says, ‘Wait on the Lord … and He shall strengthen your heart…’ (Psalm 27:14 NKJ).

When your cause is righteous and you commit it to God, He’ll give you the boldness you need to act. Count on it!