Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overcoming Feariiii
Day 5
Learn To Let Go!
Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you
1peter 5:7.

TO ‘LET GO’
doesn’t mean you stop caring for them – it just means you can’t do it for them. To let go is not to cut them off, but to realise you can’t control them.

To let go is not to enable, but to allow them to learn from their consequences.

To let go is to admit powerlessness, which means the outcome is not in your hands and it never was.

To let go is not to try to change or blame somebody else but to make the most of yourself.

To let go is not just to care for but to care about; not to fix but to be supportive; not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes but to allow others to affect their own destinies; not to be protective but to permit them to face reality; not to deny but to accept; not to nag, scold or argue but to search out your own shortcomings and work on them; not to adjust everything to your desires but to take each day as it comes and cherish yourself in it; not to criticise or regulate others but to try to become what you dream you can be; not to regret the past but to grow and to live in the present.

The truth is, that letting go is to fear less, trust God, and love more!

Prayer points :

I really do struggle in letting go, Lord, and ask today that You help me with that. Help me focus on the negative things in my life that hold me back and teach me, Lord, how to turn those things into positives with your help.

Help me be confident that You can perform miracles in and through me, that I will stand in faith and proclaim Your Lordship, in Jesus’ name

Happy New in advance,and Merry Christmas.

Bless you.

DAY 6 Faith and the flying trapeze
"......my hope comes from Him ... I will not be shaken!
Psalm 62 :5-6

A GOOD TRAPEZE ARTIST
must learn to do four things: a) launch out; b) let go; c) hold still; and d) expect to be caught. It takes practice – lots of it.

What stage are you at? Are you ready to Stage 1): launch out! You can’t walk on water if you’re not willing to leave the boat.

Faith means walking to the very edge, stepping into the unknown and being confident that when you do, God will either put solid rock under your feet or teach you to fly. Stage 2) let go! Let go of what?

Your best thinking. Your need to control either the method or the outcome. Your desire to look good or get the credit.

Your stubborn ways. Stage 3) hold still! When people say, ‘Don’t just stand there, do something’, God says, ‘Don’t just do something, stand there.’ You’ve a decision to make.

You’re in a Red Sea situation. God’s spoken to you but not a soul around would believe you if you shared it. So what do you do? ‘Stand firm and you will see the deliverance of the Lord’ (Exodus 14:13 NIV).

Obey God then let Him vindicate you. Stage 4) expect to be caught! That’s what Jack Hayford meant when he wrote the song, ‘I anticipate the inevitable, supernatural intervention of God. I expect a miracle.’

David had that same confidence. Listen: ‘... my hope comes from Him ... I will not be shaken’ (Psalm 62:5–6 NIV). The word to you today is: Launch out! Let go! Hold still! Expect to be caught

DAY 7 Never stop changing
"......He takes us firmly by the hand and leads us into a radical life change’ Romans 2:4 TM

THE GREATEST MISTAKE
you can make is to be afraid of making a mistake. It’s tragic when success goes to your head but even worse when failure does.

Shopping that has a lasting effect... Larry Anderson, former pitcher for the San Diego Padres baseball team, liked to say, ‘If at first you don’t succeed, failure may be your thing.’ You may smile but too many of us, fearing that failure is ‘our thing’, cling to whatever we feel comfortable with, even if it doesn’t work.

Although we don’t say it in so many words, our attitude is, ‘Don’t look, you might see. Don’t listen, you might hear.

Don’t think, you might learn. Don’t make a decision, you might be wrong.

Don’t walk, you might stumble. Don’t run, you might fall. Don’t live, you might die.

Don’t change, you might grow!’ Prayer Point In the 1940s, 80 per cent of all watches sold were made in Switzerland.

In the late 1950s, the digital watch was presented to them but they rejected it because they already had the best watches and the best watchmakers.

The man who developed it subsequently sold his idea to Seiko and the rest is history! In 1940, Swiss watch companies employed 80,000 people. Today they employ 18,000. In 1940, they made 80 per cent of all watches sold.

Today they make 20 per cent – and the majority are digital!

This story demonstrates what happens when an organisation or an individual chooses to die rather than change. Today pray, ‘Lord, keep me open to change!

Prayer points :

I pray that You keep my heart tender and open to change. As I grow old, Lord, I pray that I won’t grow stubborn or unteachable, but that I am as open to Your Holy Spirit as I have ever been. Help me to believe the promises You have for me in Your Word, and show me how to agree that change might be necessary for those promises to become reality. Amen

Happy Prosperous New Year In Advance.

DAY 8 What are you expecting?

Everything I feared and dreaded has happened to me’ Job 3:25 NCV

ONE AUTUMN
some Native Americans asked their new chief to predict whether the winter would be cold or mild.

He didn’t have a clue, so to be safe he told them to collect lots of wood. Meanwhile he called the National Weather Service. ‘It’ll definitely be cold,’ they said. So the chief told them to collect more wood.

A week later, having again called the Weather Service who confirmed their earlier forecast, he told them to gather even more wood.

Two weeks later he called the Weather Bureau again and asked, ‘How are you so sure it’ll be a cold winter?’ The weatherman replied, ‘We know because the locals are collecting wood like crazy!’ Satan wants to influence your future by getting you to expect the worst.

When you do, he’ll provide you with the right circumstances, symptoms and opinions. He’ll even supply ‘experts’ who’ll confirm your worst fears.

If you don’t take hold of God’s Word and rise above them you’ll end up like Job, lamenting ‘...what I dreaded has happened to me’ (NIV).

Each time you speak doubt over your future you’re: a) sowing negative seeds; b) shaping your outlook; c) influencing those around you; d) contradicting the God who said, ‘The plans I have for you are good’ (see Jeremiah 29:11); and e) creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Put ice cream and milk in a blender and you get a milk shake. Put dirt and water in and you get mud! What goes in comes out.

Stop the negative projections! Start sowing seeds of faith and expect only God’s best!

DAY 9» You’re free!

He has sent me ... to proclaim liberty to the captives’ Isaiah 61:1 NKJ

DURING WWII
, an American professor and a British Army chaplain were imprisoned in a German POW camp; the professor on the American side and the chaplain on the British side.

Since the Americans had secretly built a homemade radio the two friends would meet at the fence each day to discuss the latest news.

They talked in Gaelic so that their captors didn’t understand. When the professor heard over the radio that the Germans had surrendered three days earlier, he told his friend on the other side of the fence.

Moments later a roar of celebration went up from the British barracks. When the news reached the German guards several days later, they fled leaving the gates unlocked and the British and Americans walked out together as free men.

Jesus said He came ‘to proclaim liberty to the captives’ (Isaiah 61:1 NKJ). Good news: satan is now a defeated foe.

Your prison door is open – your freedom has been won at Calvary, so accept it, act on it and stop living like a prisoner!

Did you know that the African impala can jump ten feet high and cover a distance of ten yards?

Yet this magnificent animal can be confined within walls only three feet high.

Why? Because unless it first sees where it’s going to land, it’s afraid to jump.

Faith is the ability to jump and trust God even when you can’t see.

It opens doors and frees you from every prison of fear. Today the Son has made you free, so start acting like it!

PRAYER POINTS:

Help me, Lord, live a life of faith and not a life of absolutes. Help me put my hand within Your hand and trust that you want what is best for me, to be free in Christ.
In the times when my circumstances are overwhelming and I want to retreat back, release Your angels around me, Lord, to fight and help me break through, in Jesus’ name

DAY 10-«Angels watching over you»

He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways’ Psalm 91:11 NIV

REMEMBER THAT ‘CLOSE CALL’ YOU HAD?
That wasn’t ‘luck’ but your angel, guarding you in ‘all your ways’. Chuck Swindoll tells of a group of church kids who got lost on a mountain climbing expedition.

A snowstorm suddenly covered the trail and their leader didn’t have a clue where they were or how to get back to camp.

The sun was setting. The temperatures were plunging.

The danger was real. Trudging through the snow getting more panicky by the moment they heard somebody on the slopes above yell, ‘Hey, the trail’s up here!’

They glanced up and to their relief saw another climber about 100 feet above them. Quickly, they made their way up to the big boulder where the man had been sitting.

But when they arrived they found nobody there, not even a footprint in the snow. When they looked however, the trail stretched out before them, leading safely back to camp.

The Bible says, ‘... some people have entertained angels without knowing it’ (Hebrews 13:2 NIV). ‘Are you serious?’ you ask. Absolutely! Even your children have guardian angels watching over them. Jesus said, ‘ See that you do not despise one of these little ones.

For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven’ (Matthew 18:10 NIV).

Paul discovered that when you go through storms, God assigns an angel to protect you. Listen: ‘Last night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve stood beside me and said, “Do not be afraid, Paul”‘ ‘ (Acts 27:23–24 NIV). Relax – God’s got you covered!

DAY 11. You’re doing it to yourself!

Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid’ John 14:27 NKJ

SO OFTEN WE
use our faith to try to remove things that don’t feel good or we don’t like instead of using it to go calmly through the storm.

Jesus said, ‘... stop allowing yourselves to be ... disturbed...’ (AMP) You’re doing it to yourself! The only power that worry has over you is the power you give it.

Stop allowing circumstances to steal your peace every time you turn around Jesus rebuked the disciples because they lost their peace in the storm (See Mark 4:40).

He didn’t lose His; He was asleep in the back of the boat. Where are you today? Resting with Jesus in the back or panicking with the disciples in the front? Fear takes over when: 1) You forget what God has told you! Listen: ‘Let us go over to the other side’ (Mark 4:35 NIV).

Once Jesus had Prayer Point spoken those words there wasn’t a big enough wave to take them under. What has God told you? Any time you’re doing that, rest assured you can’t go under.

2) You forget who’s in the boat with you! Before the night was over the disciples were asking, ‘Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey Him!’ (Mark 4:41 NIV).

The Lord has permitted this storm to show you that: a) you don’t have a problem He can’t solve; b) you may be powerless in the situation but He’s not; and c) through this experience you’ll come to know Him in a way you’ve never known Him before.
So stop allowing yourself to be disturbed.

Prayer points :

Father, I acknowledge Your power and sovereignty. You are the creator of the universe and I get to speak to You one-on-one.

Forgive me, Lord, when I have made any situation in life seem too big a job for You to handle. I pray today, Lord, that You will make me more than a conqueror through Christ, and I will be influential in and for Your Kingdom

DAY 12
All through the night
"......and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night’ Exodus 14:21 AMP

THE MIRACLE OF
rolling back the Red Sea happened ‘all that night.’ The morning simply revealed what God had done the night before while the Israelites were sleeping.

Good news: God works the night shift! Even though you feel lost and alone He’s still on the job, working ‘all things after the counsel of His own will’ (Ephesians 1:11 KJV).

Have you heard of ‘songs in the night’? Here’s one of them: ‘When darkness seems to hide His face, I rest on His unchanging grace.

When all around my soul gives way, He then is all my hope and stay. On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand’ – My Hope is Built on Nothing Less, Edward Mote (1797–1874).

You may not be able to see Him today but His eyes are still on you.

If you’re a student at school, a young couple hard pressed financially, a divorcee struggling to get back on your feet, a servant of God labouring in difficult circumstances or just lonely and in need of companionship, here are some words to help get you through till the morning: a) ‘I have been young and now I am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken [have you?], nor his seed begging bread’ (Psalm 37:25); b) ‘...weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh [it’s on the way!] in the morning’ (Psalm 30:5) c) ‘In all these things [whatever you’re facing] we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us’ (Romans 8:37, all KJV). Be encouraged, God’s working in the dark!

DAY 13 - You’ve got to take the first step

Be strong and of good courage and do it’ 1 Chronicles 28:20 NKJ

LARRY WALTERS
got tired of sitting around doing nothing. So on 2 July 1982, he rigged 45 heliumf illed weather balloons to a garden chair and lifted off.

Armed with an air gun to shoot out a few balloons should he fly too high, he was shocked when he quickly reached 16,000 feet and he wasn’t the only one! Pilots reported seeing, ‘Some guy in a garden chair floating through the sky.’ Forty-five minutes later when he landed in Long Beach he was asked why he did it.

He replied, ‘It was something I had to do. I just couldn’t sit there any longer.’ When the Prodigal Son finally got sick and tired of being sick and tired he said, ‘I will arise and go to my father ...’ (Luke 15:18). Did he have any idea how Prayer Point his father whose heart and whose law he’d broken would treat him?

No, but he refused to sit in his pigsty another day. When Israel came to the River Jordan, God told the priests carrying the ark to step into the water and it would dry up.

But nothing happened until they took that first step! There could be a song in you that’s never been sung, a sermon that’s never been preached or a gift that’s just waiting to be released.

The moment you stop holding back, the doors will open, the right people will come and the resources will be provided. But you’ve got to take that first step!

PRAYER POINT :

Lord, help me take the first step of a life change today. Help me identify the aspects of my life that are holding me back from my full potential and overcome them, in Jesus’ name.

Nurture my walk with You, Lord, that I might grow in confidence, faith and grace. I want to be a servant of Your Kingdom in all aspects of my life, Amen!!

14 DAY To nurture or neuter

....Didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?” “An enemy did this”…’ Matthew 13:27–28 NIV

DURING TIMES OF UPHEAVAL,
the enemy will try to slip into your field and sow weeds.

It could be debt or divorce, abuse or abandonment; it’s not so much what you’ve been through but what you’re left with – terrible self-doubt.

Unless you want your future to be a second helping of your past, stop nurturing what needs to die.

If you don’t, it’ll continue to live off your strength and suck up all your joy, like the hungry mouth of a nursing child. Neuter it!

Anything that’s neutered loses its ability to a) threaten you, or b) reproduce in your life. ‘But how?’ you ask. By forgiving, ‘ just as in Christ God forgave you’(Ephesians 4:32).

That means forgive and keep on forgiving until it loses its power to infect your words or influence your thoughts.

God says, ‘Remember not the former things; neither consider the things which are of old. Behold I will do a new thing’ (Isaiah 43:18 KJV). God doesn’t just command this; He enables you to do it. He says you can start again.

You can nurture your problem child through this crisis or your partner through this illness and your part-time job into an executive position.

The reason you can do it is ‘because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world’ (1 John 4:4)