• Thank you Jesus!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God of Elijah
MFM H/Q Sermons
THE MYSTERY OF THE GOD OF ELIJAH
Text: 2 Kings 2:11-14
Minister: Dr. D.K Olukoya (G.O MFM Worldwide)
• The greatest thing that God gave to man is the power of Prayer.
There is the Science of Prayers
There is the Geography of Prayers.
There is the Chemistry of Prayers.
We will be talking little about it tonight. THE MYSTERY OF THE GOD OF ELIJAH.
"And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces. He took up also the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and went back, and stood by the bank of Jordan; And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the Lord God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over." 2 Kings 2:11-14
• The Bible calls God many names. He called Him; God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, God of all conflict, God of all flesh, God of grace, God of the families of Israel, God of Rachel, Rebecca and Sarah, God of the Covenant, God of glory, God of Heavens, God of Heavens and earth, God of hope, God of Israel, God of Jeshurun, God of knowledge, God of love and peace, God of my life, God of mercy, God of my praise, God of righteousness, God of the Rock, God of Salvation, God of ancient and Consolation, God of peace, God of the armies of the Israelites, God of the Living, God of the whole earth, God of our Fathers, etc.
* If you notice, Elisha did not call any of these names.
===> May the Lord God open our understanding and damage our ignorance, in Jesus' name.
• You can encounter God in many ways but if you encounter the God of:
- ABRAHAM, those who curse you shall be cursed and those who bless you shall be blessed.
- ISAAC, you experience God who keeps all His promises.
- JACOB/ISRAEL, you experience God that chamges destinies and God that respects wrestlers.
- JEHOVAH-SHAMMAH, you experience God who is always there for you.
- JEHOVAH-SHALOM, you experience God who gives peace that passes understanding.
- JEHOVAH-JIREH, you experience God who is a provider.
- JEHOVAH-NISSI, you experience God who gives victory.
- JEHOVAH-RAPHA, you experience God the healer.
- I AM THAT I AM, you experience God that when you add all your troubles together, He is more than.
- EL-SHADDAI, you experience one who is more than enough and sufficient.
ELIJAH: The name Elijah means "Jehovah is God" this name stands out and the Bible talks about the Spirit of Elijah. He is described him as the mightiest of all the prophets. A man as mysterious as a man called Melchizedek in the Bible. Nothing is known about his parentage.
He is the first prophet to use famine to punish the enemies of God. He is the first prophet to raise the dead. He is the first prophet to pray for immediate rain from one source. He was a no non-sense man. He is God's surgical knife. He is the first prophet to open the School of the Prophets.
The ministry of Elijah was dramatic and diversitating. His trademark is FIRE. He spoke to death and death died. Elijah's ministry disputes confrontation, judgement, diversitating impatience with God's enemies, mass destruction that shows the world who God is. He is a prophet of Fire. He disgraced the prophets of Baal at the mount of Carmel. He was not an ordinary prophet. He was a man of magnificent strength. A man of fervent prayer. He was God's mouth piece.
God used Elijah to do what no man has done before. Elijah was a man of enough is enough. He is a man of the mantle; a mysterious man.
Elijah taught us that in God, we can arise; no matter our background and do wonders.
- When all your friends have forsaken you,
- When the Lazarus of your destiny has been embalmed and buried,
- When you want to smile but you just start crying,
- When you notice that you have become a beauty buried inside the dunghill, THERE IS ONLY ONE PRAYER TO PRAY. THAT PRAYER IS CALLING ON THE GOD OF ELIJAH.
WHO IS THIS GOD OF ELIJAH?
He is the:
- God of Heaven
- God of discipline
- God of abundance
- God of prosperity
- God that respects fervent prayers
- God of strategic praying
- God of Holy Violence
- God of stop them before they stop you
- God who promotes from zero to hero
- God who creates a one man army.
===> May you find the voice of the God of Elijah today, in the name of Jesus.
• The big truth is this: some miracles will not manifest in your life until you invite the sword of the God of Elijah.
- The God of Elijah is the God of FIRE: Fire burns, it is powerful, it is mysterious, it makes no compromise, it is very confrontational, it destroys equally, it has no respect for gravitational force, it disobeys the law of matter.
Situations do arise that unless you call on the God of Elijah, you remain as you are.
===> I see somebody tonight; what you thought was not possible before, shall give way, in the name of Jesus.
PRAYER POINTS
(HOLY ANGER IS REQUIRED)
1. Where is the Lord God of Elijah, arise, let my problems die, in the name of Jesus
2. Where is the Lord God of Elijah, arise, let my story change, in the name of Jesus.
3. Where is the Lord God of Elijah, arise, let my Goliath die, in the name of Jesus.
4. Where is the Lord God of Elijah, arise, let my Jordan divide, in the name of Jesus.
DON'T FORGET TO SPEND 10 MINUTES TO CRY OUT LOUD THIS PRAYER: WHERE IS THE LORD GOD OF ELIJAH, LET MY STORY CHANGE, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.

Copied from Facebook

In Jesus Mighty name Amen